Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

So yesterday I was in my soon to be new apartment. Now Becky and her roommate have been living there all winter so far. Every time I come over they talk about how it's always cold. Now I just assumed this was one of those girl type things where they always get cold. So I stayed oblivious to the fact it could be anything else. I mean what else could it really be. So yesterday I was over and Becky reiterated the fact that it was cold and the heat didn't work. Well so I went to work. First of all the thermostat if I can call it that is located on the vent panel on the floor. It reads warmer or colder. It looks like something out of pre-historic times. Well also the guy that installed there wireless must have uses one of those do-it-yourself books, because I think he screwed it up. So I am looking at this piece of work, and low and behold I am instantly freezing. A sensation I equate with cold air blasting in from somewhere. So I go to the window which is right above the vent and notice both sides of the window are still open. YEA, TO THE OUTSIDE AIR!!!!!!! This wasn't just a crack. this was a good two inches on each side of the window. Well needless to say I closed them and you could feel a temperature adjustment. I still think there is a problem with the heat, but the wind from outside isn't blowing in there anymore. So If you are experiencing any coldness in your home, just check a window. LOL.

No comments: