Monday, March 26, 2007

It's go time.

Well folks it is that time of year again. The stretch of April to October. This is where I have found I am able to maintain a high level of energy and lose weight. The last two years I have lost 35, 45 consecutively. I also started at about 260 each year as well. This year is different. I am at 226. It would seem to me that the task at hand is more difficult this year. Also I am being challenged by my wife, ex sports medicine/physical fitness guru/ registered nurse. She went to a consultation at the club we work out at. So she is primed and ready to go. She has set goals of 145 by may15th, and 135 by august 15th. That's my birthday by the way, so I will be expecting loads of gifts. OK. Just kidding about the gift part. So in her competitive spirit has started saying how she is going to beat me. Well this just won't due. However not willing to get a consultation myself, which comes with the membership, I still feel I can win. The question is though am I being to much of a "MACHO" guy because I don't want to get help in the process. Or is it I think I can win with all the factors stacked against me? So we start our quest for 195. That is my declaration. By Sept 1 I am going to try to be 195. I think the last time I was under 200 was like 1994. That was a century ago. So with that folks, it's go time!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Nothing wrong with getting some advice/help in any task. The further I push in my bike races, the more I learn from the guys ahead of me and the guys who have been doing it longer than me.

Just a thought. I hope you guys both do great!!!

Becky said...

Oh Ryan, I don't think that you NEED a fitness consultation. I'm sure that you can figure it out on your own. Just keep doing what you're doing. That should work just great. :) wink wink.

I love you babe, and just so it's out there, I'll only load up your dinners with side dishes of lard when you're not looking.