Wednesday, April 04, 2007

This stuff really happens.

So I am working last night at the custard stand. A lady pulls into the drive thru and precedes to place an order. As she pulls toward the window to pay her car dies. So I get summoned to go help push the car out of the driveway. Well this was a brand new Chrysler 3000. Sorry not up to speed on my car makes and models. I ask her to put the car into neutral. she was definitely unsure how that was going to work. So I helped her do that. I pushed her to a parking spot. To which she didn't say thanks or anything of that nature. If by now you haven't guessed the car problem , let me lay it out for you. She ran out of gas. That's right folks ran out of gas on a new car. She says to me, I had no idea it was that low. Now maybe being a guy, and a weeeee bit paranoid of running out of gas and being stranded, but what is one of the top two things you do when starting your car. I look at my gas gauge. Call me crazy. That's what I do. Now I am not trying to bash women at all. So please ladies don't come after me like it's a witch hunt. Don't you look at the gauges on the car. Maybe not all of them. Doesn't the gas gauge concern you at all. Well in just talking with this lady, who surprisingly wasn't blond, I understood how it could have happened. So she calls her husband to come get her. He was only 30 miles away. So he was not pleased as I am sure you could guess. she gets off the phone to tell me her husband was upset and that what she did was bad for the car. You think? No gas, no movement in car. Also you might get stranded in a place which is not so nice. The lesson we learned here tonight is always check your blinker fluid, windshield wiper brake pads, and lastly just make sure you have some gas, or go to the nearest gas station and fill up.

1 comment:

Marni said...

Haha, that's really sad. After having the race car as our only car for a while, I've learned to look at every gauge and check it periodically throughout the drive to make sure the coolant didn't spill out as I was driving. Luckily Hondas are a bit more reliable than a car we did everything to ourselves...