Monday, June 11, 2007

Road trip.

So about seven of us from our Church go down to Bloomington, IL, to help get some support for our missions in Senegal. This was about a 3 1/2 hour trek. On the way you know there will be at least one stop. It's expected with females, and people who just put down a thermos full of coffee. Well we stop in this "interesting" little town called Tonica. I'm not sure they celebrate Hanukkah.
So you know there is trouble when you go about three miles off the road to find the nearest gas station. Problem two you know it's bad when it looks somewhat deserted. Yea, I'm getting that creepy movie feel two. Well I am sure you can guess how there restrooms looked. I may have taken the outhouse option. Lets just say when the call of duty comes in, I can handle most anything. This was sad shape. No need for details. Let our mind take you whereever. So we make it out unscathed. Now the females mentioned how bad those were. All the rest of the way. Well on the way back were cruising, I am napping as best I can in the back of a jeep with 5 people. When I feel the car rumbling over a gravel section of road. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stopped again in Tonica, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm just glad we got up too late for me to have a thermos full of coffee! :) No stinky bathrooms for me. You're brave babe, VERY brave