Thursday, June 28, 2007

Family Golf outing.

This past weekend we had a family golf outing/cookout to celebrate my Uncle Phil and my cousin Cassie's birthdays. We played on a par 3 course, pretty small one at that. So Saturday we took a practice run, Becky, Mike, Ben, my Dad, and myself. It was Becky's first time ever golfing. She did awesome for a first timer. Got right into the spirit of golfing by getting frustrated a lot. She finished with a 76. My dad bested us with a 63. Well on Sunday was the big gig. We had 20 people playing. All ages, male and female. Well the defending champ, my uncle's brother-in-law didn't show up. so it was wide open. Now there was no way I could win my dad was to tough. Also he was in the group behind us, so know way to know his score. So Ben, mike , Becky, and I played. I was lights out. Making shot after shot. Chipping with good precision. Ice in the veins when it came to putting. I finished with a 59, 4-over par. That was stellar. Come to find out my Dad six putted on one green and had a bad day as well. I was the winner. Ben came in second with a 62. Becky brought her total down to 74. She finished in the top 10 which for a second time out was great. Good job babe. So know I go into next year as the man to beat. No pressure!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Woohoo Ryan for the win. You would *kill* me at golf. I've only ever gone like once and let's just say I'm no Tiger Woods.

Marni said...

Excellent way to stomp up on the family -- that's always fun! Never been golfing, maybe Bek will have to teach me some time!

ryan young said...

If you want a dose of frusteration followed up by a scoch of madning rage, then count yourselfs in. Just kidding, it's fun some of the time.

ryan young said...

If you want a dose of frusteration followed up by a scoch of madning rage, then count yourselfs in. Just kidding, it's fun some of the time.